There are many types of cancers. However, there are five common ones that you should be aware of. With that said, here are the five most common cancers and how to reduce your risk. Note that; this is rather difficult to get an affordable life insurance for cancer patients or survivors. Thus you need to be very careful about your lifestyle so you can prevent this or cure at its primary stage.
Compare Burial Insurance Quotes: Save BIG Now!
1. Lung Cancer – Lung cancer affects many men and women, and it’s actually the second most common type of cancer in men and women. Both smokers and nonsmokers can get lung cancer. The best way to reduce your risk of getting it is to avoid secondhand smoke and to avoid smoking altogether.
2. Prostate Cancer – This type of cancer is the number one most common cancer among men, and about one in seven men will develop it. There are cells in the prostate gland, and when they grow at an uncontrollable rate, then prostate cancer starts to develop. There are a few things you can do to reduce your chances of getting it, and this includes eating a healthy diet, not smoking and maintaining a healthy weight.
3. Colorectal Cancer – Men and women, can be affected by this cancer. If you want to reduce your risk, then you should go for a cancer screening at least once per year or as often as you feel necessary. Other things you can do is to not have more than two alcoholic beverages per day, as well as not smoke and you should exercise regularly.
4. Breast Cancer – Breast cancer affects millions of women around the world and has killed hundreds of thousands of women, but there are a few things you can do to reduce your risk. Controlling your weight, not smoking, being physically active and avoiding exposure to radiation are all things you can do to reduce your chances of getting breast cancer. Just keep in mind that some things can’t be controlled, such as your age, race and family history of breast cancer.
5. Skin Cancer – Skin cancer is another type of cancer that can affect men and women. There are different types of cancers, which tend to develop as a result of abnormal cells that invade other parts of the body. Avoiding sun exposure and using sunscreen are some of the best things to do to reduce your risk.
Those are the five most common cancers and what you can do to prevent it. Remember, there is not a way to avoid cancer altogether. However, you should still do what you can to reduce your chances of getting cancer.